[3830] RTTY Roundup WE1H Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, we1h@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup WE1H Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 04:39:50 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: WE1H
Operator(s): WE1H
Station: WE1H

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 13

------------
   80:    7
   40:  304
   20:  281
   15:   12
   10:    0
------------
Total:  604  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 29  Total Score = 50,132

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

What a fun contest. I had about 13 hours in the chair overall but could have
gone another 13 more - I was having a good time.  The bands started out pretty
bad on Saturday with the A Index quickly climbing to 10, forcing me to go to
High Power if I actually wanted to make any QSO's...  so, HP it was.  I worked
NO EU stations on Saturday on 20M (worked a couple of DX on 15 tho), did not
even hear one as far as I can recall, so it was pretty much all W/VE all day
Saturday.  Sunday was much better with EU on 15, 20 and 40 as the A Index crept
back to the floor.  40 was my money band this weekend, generating the most QSO's
and the best runs - a bit of a surprise to me, I figured 20 for sure, based on
my antenna, but...

I S&P'd maybe 90% of the time on Saturday and and CQ'd about 90% on Sunday, and
generated quite the pileups on 40M in the last 3 hours of the contest running at
98 an hour for the last 3 hours and creeping to 148/ hour for short spurts.
Looking back at the cluster, I was spotted 11 times over the weekend, and I
sure could tell when I was.  There were some freq stealers that tried to work
their magic, but my persistence paid off and I managed to keep my run
frequencies.

I never heard AK, WY or VT (go figure).  My goal was 300 Q's and 8 hours in the
chair, glad I could do better.  Gear was FT1000MP, AL811-H, G5RV at 20 feet,
Writelog/MMTTY combo.  Thanks for all the Q's.