[3830] NAQP CW AL9A Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, al9a@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW AL9A Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 22:31:49 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: AL9A
Operator(s): AL9A
Station: AL9A

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Wasilla, AK
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5

  160:    0     0
   80:   16     8
   40:   87    29
   20:  179    41
   15:    1     1
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  283    79  Total Score = 22,357

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC #4

Comments:

Fun, but I'm tired!  Finally managed to work K9MMS in a CW contest - twice!
Obviously mults are harder to come by on 40 and 80 up here.  I am down to my
last piece of wire for 80M - a double bazooka sloper from my 70 ft tower with
no radials.  Not very efficient!  Lost my 80M full wave loop in mid Dec. just
before we left for HI for Xmas. My neighbors 60 ft. spruce that was the center
support for the loop went down for the count in a wind storm.  Since getting
back from HI temps here have been anywhere from 10 to 30 below zero most days.
Not really interested in trying to hang wire under those conditions.  Hope to do
better next weekend in the SSB event.