[3830] NAQP CW K8MR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K8MR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 06:37:45 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 8
Radios: SO2R

  160:  146    39
   80:  182    46
   40:  101    40
   20:   58    21
   15:   19     7
   10:    3     3
-------------------
Total:  509   156  Total Score = 79,404

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: W8KIC NCC/MRRC #1

Comments:

"Val" was in memory of W8KIC, who passed away in early December.

I agree fully with others, the first part was crummy, the second half pretty
good. Not much short propagation, so worked very few OH, MI, WV, IN. The
weekend snow left lots of power line noise to add to the challenge.

While technically SO2R, I don't do that much of it because 10,15,20, and the
main 40 meter antenna is one antenna, a PRO-67A. Had I planned ahead I could
have set up 80 or 160 on the second radio, but I didn't.  However with one
radio I am becoming good at multitasking, doing both the contest and reading
the news online.

73  -  Jim  K8MR