[3830] NAQP CW NZ1U(@KB1H) M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW NZ1U(@KB1H) M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 07:24:24 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: NZ1U
Operator(s): K1EBY NB1U KB1H
Station: KB1H

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:  137    37
   80:  423    54
   40:  316    47
   20:  237    42
   15:   28    14
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1141   194  Total Score = 221,354

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

The threat of the "Big" snow storm reduced our
crew by one operator. K1EBY and NB1U operated
practically the whole contest with short relief
by KB1H and also about a 45 minute break for a
great pasta and meatball supper. The snow did
start about 7PM local time but it looks like
we will get much less than predicted. QSYing
to 160 really produced some rate. We really
didn't band change much and asked for no QSYs.
This is always a great contest to practice
running which is a talent you need for the
big contest.

Antenna-wise the station is not configured for
a domestic contest. 40M is mainly a 4-sq. with
a sloper strung for the Caribbean. 80M is also
a 4-sq and recently one of the verticals fell
over. The 20M beam is stuck at about 200 degrees.
It looks like a busy Summer of repairs and
improvements.

On to the VHF contest next weekend where we will
be M/L and using the callsign KB1DFB.

Thanks for all the QSOs.