[3830] NAQP CW W0BH Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W0BH Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 12:08:23 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:  140    40
   80:  375    51
   40:  272    46
   20:  143    31
   15:    3     2
   10:
-------------------
Total:  933   170  Total Score = 158,610

Club:

Team:

Comments:

We had a birthday party dinner scheduled at 1800z (noon in Kansas) for my 91
year-old father-in-law, so starting the NAQP on time was not an option. I took
my first hour off which turned out to be an excellent move (good meal, too),
since the rates weren't great on 20 when I did start even though signals were
loud.  Later, rates kept solidly over 100 for most of the evening. Great fun!

Overall, worked all states except ND (also missed in the NAQP RTTY). According
to my logbook, at least one Q in each state I worked was with an op who uploads
to LOTW, so also having fun collecting Triple Play states. More
never-before-worked hams in the log this time, and I'd guess the Triple Play
has something to do with that. Had a half hour break still to go at the end, so
left a nice run but not before my only HI Q called me on 80m as my last
contact.

VE worked included BC AB SK MB ON QC NS, but nothing long. The NA DX list was
short this time: XE, KP2.

Overall, I had 40 ops who worked me on 3 bands and 7 ops who made 4 bands:
AA3B AD8J N2NT N5KO W1FJ W6YI NZ1U. I worked 669 unique calls.

Already looking forward to next weekend where I suspect the zoo will continue.
Thanks to all for the Qs, and thanks for the quick LOTW uploads!

73, Bob, w0bh