[3830] CQWW CW CU2X(OH2UA) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, oh2ua@oh2u.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW CU2X(OH2UA) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 06:03:50 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: CU2X
Operator(s): OH2UA
Station: CU2X

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Radios: SO2R

  160:  420    17       58
   80:  901    22       89
   40: 1616    31      105
   20: 1463    27      103
   15: 1657    29      103
   10:   72    11       20
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

It is not always that easy. I feel badly disappointed even after having the
highest European claimed score so far for CQWW CW 2008 and claiming the 3rd
highest score ever in Europe now at the bottom of sunspot cycle. Sic!

I don't give a damn about the score, but I'm not happy with my effort. I just
couldn't get the right feeling on for the whole weekend. It was operating
without passion and just pushing the score that should be enough to win Europe.
Like a civil servant doing the job what one has to do and then going home at
4pm.

Normally I'm very well prepared for the contest but this time it was all
different. The contest started two days too early. There was a plenty of things
to do in order to leave the station with good mind for the winter season. So I
was doing all kind of little things and just didn't have enough time to get
prepared. At some point I had to make the decision whether to pay attention on
finalizing the station or getting ready for the contest, and this time
accidentally I had left the contest itself for low priority.

There's a lot of potential in CU2X station, as we saw on SSB leg. Unfortunately
I wasn't able to squeeze everything out of CU2X this time and failed in making
one of my dreams come true by breaking both SSB & CW European records in same
year.

As always, my greatest thanks to whole team of the Azores-Finland Friendship
Consortium: CU2BV, CU2CE, CU2DX, OH2BH and OH8NC and to my home team, the
Arcala Extremes contest group.

73 de Toni, OH2UA

www.cu2a.com
www.radioarcala.com