[3830] NAQP SSB W1UE Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1ue@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W1UE Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 07:08:13 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: W1UE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ma
Operating Time (hrs): 8
Radios: SO2R

  160:  106    32
   80:   27    21
   40:  205    36
   20:  330    38
   15:    1     1
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  672   129  Total Score = 86,688

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team: YCCC SSB #1

Comments:

Can propagation get much worse?  The only station heard on 10/15M was the local
that moved there for me.  20M was gone by 2200Z, 40M was gone by 0100Z, 80M
never was.  With a decent sized snow storm moving in, noise level on 80M was
S9+ even on the beverage.  The great low angle signal from this station seemed
to hit the advancing front and just got absorbed; no one could hear me, and I
couldn't hear anyone on 80M.  I also got to 80M too late, not until 0100Z; most
of the stations worked on 80M were down the Atlantic seaboard- very little to
the west.  160M, however, seemed to be playing well.  With the snowstorm due to
hit about midnight local, with 4-8" expected and me with a 1.5 hour drive to get
home, I chose to break it off early and headed home at 10pm local time.  Good
thing- I already have 6"of snow on the ground here with more still expected.

Still, great fun- for a SSB contest.  The brightest note of the weekend was
that I completed working all the stations needed for the triple play.  Now all
I have to do is get them to upload to LOTW.

Thanks for the Qs.

Dennis W1UE