[3830] NAQP SSB VE4EAR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB VE4EAR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 08:24:56 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: VE4EAR
Operator(s): VE4EAR
Station: VE4EAR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   21    15
   80:   75    37
   40:  112    39
   20:  195    39
   15:    1     1
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  404   131  Total Score = 52,924

Club:

Team: Aurora Busters

Comments:

Horrible conditions on 20m at the start. Signals seemed way down compared to
Thursday and Friday. 40m went long very early and was never able to hear the
close in multipliers like I would have expected. 80m was much the same, very
long. Never had problems finding MN and SD in past tests, but could not hear
them on 80 even though others were working them. Worked an EA8 and KH6 on 80
near the end of the test. Heard several other DX stations so conditions must
have been great for DX.

160m is an after thought here. Just loading an 80m 1/4 wave sloper. Not a great
antenna but it does occaisonally provides some amazing results, although I
suspect that is due to the low noise and great receiving set ups of the other
stations. Plenty of signals heard, just wish I could work them all:) Hopefully
it warms up to allow me to put up a 160m antenna before the upcoming 160m
tests.

Hope we made it into your logs!

73
Ed

It's amazing that on Thursday night my noise level on 80 was S3-5 and during
the contest the noise was a solid S9 across the band.