[3830] UKDX RTTY YU7U(YU3AAA) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] UKDX RTTY YU7U(YU3AAA) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 09:57:15 -0800
                    UK DX Contest, RTTY

Call: YU7U
Operator(s): YU3AAA
Station: YU7BH

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Kikinda
Operating Time (hrs): 18

   80:
   40:  380   925    64
   20:  110   277    36
   15:
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  490  1202   100  Total Score = 120,000

Club: SKY Contest Club

Comments:

My son Stefan two weeks ago got a first class license and his personal call
sign
YU3AAA. This is his first contest in his life. He is only 15 years old, and I
am very happy and proud that he likes pile up's more than Facebook:-))
We decide to promote our YU7U contest call, and we worked MS/hp. Murphy was 3th
member of team:-)
We had only one good antenna for contesting ( two pairs phased verticals for
40), but we decide to work all bands contest, three hours after contest
started.
Stefan managed nice runs on 40 with a lot of Ja's stations while I was making
other antennas.Finally i did simple GP for 20 meters with 9 radials.We were
lazy to make other band antennas and finally we operate only 40 and 20.
But, it was a great fun, our first contest.
After 30 years of cw operation I am followed in love by RTTY!!! What a amazing
feeling!!!

We made a lot of contacts with XE stations on 40, and also couple of
interesting dxcc like hk3 and ys1. But, that guys did not worked in UKDX , and
I am afraid that these multipliers are not valid. But, we claimed them :-)

After contest, we saw that we are uncompetitive with out 80 meters antenna, but
anyway, it was our chance to learn.
We are sorry about poor UK activity, but we made a lot of qsos with Germans
stations. Thank you guys!

Our equipment:
FT 2000 + MK II
Om power 1,5 kw out
4 sq for 7 mhz, phased by 4o3a system
simple GP for 14 mhz
N1MM logger with  MMVARY

total age of team: 59 years

QSL card is sure. We don't need IRC or money for direct answer. SAE is enough.
CU in WPX rtty.

Stefan, yu3aaa
Brane, yu7bh