[3830] NAQP SSB W0BH Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W0BH Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 18:30:09 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:  137    42
   80:  277    45
   40:  216    45
   20:  405    34
   15:    1     1
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total: 1037   168  Total Score = 174,216

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Note to self: Don't publish a QST article just before a SSB contest.  Just
kidding - I really appreciated all the comments between the Qs! Never a dull
moment. Thanks!

Thinking about conditions a week ago in the CW NAQP, I almost decided to take
the first hour off again in order to free up more low-band time.  But I
couldn't resist (not surprising) and was pleased to find 20m open to both
coasts for the first several hours with good rates. I knew I had to get to 40m
before it went long, but it's hard to leave a good run. I'll learn. 80m was
slow at first so I took a half hour break and came back with a 156 hour.
Signals weren't loud, but there were lots of them. Spent the last 2 hours
mostly on 160 which had the loudest signals by far. Later in the afternoon, I
heard VE7 59+20 on 15m and then the band died almost immediately with no luck
CQing the empty band.

Overall, missed ND again, so that makes 3 for 3 on Triple Play! VE-land Qs
included NWT BC AB MB ON QC NS NB PEI. I tried a number of moves but band
conditions were so different that not one worked. Thanks for trying. My only DX
was XE. I had 21 stations work me on 3 bands and 3 on 4 bands: NK7U, W0BR and
W6YX. Overall, I had 876 unique calls in the log .. many for the first time.

Really good company this weekend .. thanks to all for the Qs!

73, Bob, w0bh