[3830] ARRL Jan VHF K1TEO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wa2teo@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF K1TEO Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 08:33:22 -0800
                    ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes

Call: K1TEO
Operator(s): K1TEO
Station: K1TEO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Fn31/CT
Operating Time (hrs): 25

    6:  210    51
    2:  318    43
  222:  103    34
  432:  129    37
  903:   36    11
  1.2:   49    15
  2.3:   18     7
  3.4:   11     5
  5.7:    8     5
  10G:    9     5
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  891   213  Total Score = 362,100

Club: Northeast Weak Signal Group

Comments:

Not much happening this time around. Activity was very low - QSO's were down
about 10% from last year and are down around 20-25% from typical results just a
few years ago. No doubt part of that was the icing that some in the Northeast
had, and the snow over the weekend that put a crimp on some of the rovers.
Grids were down also this year, mainly because very few rovers were worked.
Microwave grid totals were way down as a result. Nice to catch the brief E-skip
opening on 6 Sunday am. About a dozen stations in the upper Midwest were worked
in 5 new grids. Challenging ending to the contest - I was using a new computer
and my long time logging program kept crashing. Maybe it doesn't like Vista? I
managed to get it going each time but finally Sunday evening the logging
program just wouldn't open. After working on it for awhile I started to paper
log and hoped I could fix it while operating. The distraction limited my
operating after that and even worse I wasn't able to get it to work.
Fortunately on Monday, with some help, I was able to retrieve the QSO's in the
log. Pheww....Kind of back to the future with paper logging. Definitely don't
miss it...hi!

Jeff K1TEO