[3830] CQ160 CW NI5T Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW NI5T Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 10:21:39 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: NI5T
Operator(s): N5IA, K7IA, WA5Y, NI5L, N5BG
Station: NI5T

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: NM   DM52
Operating Time (hrs): 34

Total:  QSOs = 1295  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 58  Total Score = 478,732

Club:

Comments:

Well, this one was a lot better in other places than it was here.  It was good,
but really just a parallel with last year.  Each year our group gets better at
the tasks necessary to make a Multi-single operation successful on Topband.
This year was no exception and we had a lot of fun.

To us, it appeared the farther north the stations were located in the US, the
better prop they had.  Stations in Colorado were working stuff we couldn't hear
a whisper of 800 miles to the southwest.  But, such is Topband.

2008 -- 1,266 Q's;  58 ST & Pr;  58 DX;  487,200 points

2009 -- 1,295 Q's;  58 St & Pr;  58 DX;  478,732 points

This year a few more Q's but a bit less score due to less 10 pointers.

Again we came up a bit short of the magic 1,300 Q's and a bit short of the
magic 1/2 million points.  Those have been our goals for a LOOOOONG time, and
they will still be the goals for next year.

Thanks for all the contacts; everyone and everywhere.

73 from the NI5T team.

Milt, N5IA