[3830] CQ160 CW N4PN Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4pn@cox.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N4PN Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 14:55:25 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N4PN
Operator(s): N4PN
Station: N4PN

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: Macon, GA
Operating Time (hrs): 29

Total:  QSOs = 1276  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 76  Total Score = 583,470

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

This one will be talked about forever....no need to further comment on
the conditions....they were simply GREAT!. Can remember when some of us
never thought we'd get AK to complete our WAS...(i.e, W2EQS, W4BRB
etc)...and could many of us ever work DXCC on 160??

Worked NT0V at 1209UTC the first night for WAS...! 14 hours-9 mins!!
With condx Friday night, thought surely Saturday night would be a
bummer...it was not as good but got much better later in the morning in
Europe....Like so many have commented, sorry if you missed this one...

Ended up with 193 - 10pt Q's,; 84 - 5pt Q's...8-JA's plus UA0CWA.

Spent much time in line to work 6W/DL2RMC on Friday night....then to
have 6W1SE answer my CQ at 0228 on Sunday morning....thanks also to
YV5AMH, PV8DX and HP3TA for calling me when I thought I had worked my
last mult on Sunday morning...

As always, Ed, VE4EAR found me....you are really special and thanks
again..Missed VO2 and the VE8's like most everyone else...

This would be my best score ever and probably won't ever be topped
from my home station....

Rig: FT1000MP/AL1200 - KW
Ant: Inverted Vee - apex in pine tree..one end tied to street light
     post across street and other end looped over my neighbor's tree
     with that end only about 15' off the ground...have two very
     short "bev's" (about 200' long) NE & NW - but they do help.
Logging: CT

Thanks to everyone who made this one to remember for a long time
73, Paul, N4PN