[3830] CQ160 CW K6NR Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6nr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K6NR Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 14:58:36 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K6NR
Operator(s): K6NR
Station: K6NR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 17

Total:  QSOs = 617  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 40  Total Score = 198,528

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Wow, what can I say - I have never experienced propagation to
Europe from Southern California on 160 like I did this weekend.
I worked 43 Eu stations in 24 different countries â?? that is
two more Eu countries than I have previously worked in my entire
160 meter career.  I have lots of local noise and a modest
45' tall inverted L transmit antenna, so mother nature
certainly was smiling on us this weekend.  Eu stations were
coming in just as well as the midwest or east coast, often
times better, and with very little QSB.  Nothing like calling
CQ and having JW5NM call you just as strong as can be.

My total country count of 40 compares to 17 in 2006, my
previous best.  I could not get very many good runs started,
almost seemed like propagation to some parts of the states was
not optimal.  I did work all 50 states, but missed several
Canadian mults, including VE4 of all things.  My total JA
count was down I think, to 27 stations worked.

Wonderful contest, hope we get more propagation like this in
the future.

As always, thanks for the Qs, especially those who hung in
there while I tried to pull them out of my noise.

             73,  Dana,  K6NR