[3830] CQ160 CW K3ZM Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K3ZM Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 17:02:45 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K3ZM
Operator(s): K3ZM
Station: K3ZM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 30

Total:  QSOs = 1785  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 78  Total Score = 1,276,350

Club:

Comments:

For the first time, I worked JA's in a 160 contest (2 of them).  That was nice.
I am making progress.  I hear them fine, but my signal over there is ordinary.

I worked so many EU's the first night that I didn't think any could be left!  I
was wrong.  For the entire weekend, I made 688 EU QSOs or 37.6% of my QSO total.
 A few of these are dupes.  Whew!  That is hard work from Virginia!

Consistent with the guidance of our intrepid contest director, I spent much of
the time way up the band CQing and looking for EU.  (Nobody goes between 1810
and 1840 any more - it's too crowded!).

Conditions were very quiet on Saturday night, especially during the wee hours
local time.  I worked dozens of EU's whose signals were almost non-existent.
The ambient noise level was approximately zero, as were their signals.  Many
thanks for their patience as I progressed through their callsigns.

One highlight was working SM5EDX on Saturday morning at about quarter to noon
his time.  He was 569 and was copying me beautifully.

Many thanks to my PVRC buddies for calling in.

73,

Peter  K3ZM