[3830] CQ160 CW K0TV Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0tv@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K0TV Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 18:07:04 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K0TV
Operator(s): WO1N, K1BG, W1END, N1IW, K0TV
Station: K0TV

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: New Hampshire
Operating Time (hrs): 32

Total:  QSOs = 1115  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 67  Total Score = 547,336

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Wow, great conditions on 160. Since the station had been crippled by the ice
storm in December, we were just going to get on and have some fun.

K0TV was the victim of the big ice storm that hit New England in the middle of
December and I wasnâ??t sure weâ??d have anything ready for this contest. I did
get one transmit antenna up and running a couple of days before the contest. The
beverages were a disaster also but I managed to get some of them up for the
contest. I wasnâ??t sure how the station would perform but everything worked
well. The full transmit antenna system wasnâ??t on line yet but the single
Inverted L did a fine job. Next year we should have the phased array of three
Inverted Ls up and running.

The operator crew was augmented this year by K1BG and W1END who put in quite a
few quality hours. We werenâ??t watching the rule changes and missed the early
start this year. We did get on a few minutes before the old start time but
missed more than an hour at the start of the contest.

Conditions were so good that we actually beat last yearâ??s score in all areas.
I was disappointed to have missed Wyoming. We did get the other 49 states though
along with 67 countries. That was a new high. There was one hour where WO1N made
76 ten point contacts.

This contestâ??s MVP goes to Ken, WO1N for an impressive performance on
Saturday night.

Best 73 to all,

Jerry