[3830] CQ160 CW F8BPN Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, f8bpn@wanadoo.fr
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW F8BPN Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 02:18:32 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: F8BPN
Operator(s): F8BPN
Station: F8BPN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: JN05RE
Operating Time (hrs): 8h50

Total:  QSOs = 450  State/Prov = 39  Countries = 50  Total Score = 255,786

Club:

Comments:

What a nice week end!  I can't remember such good conditions, and even better
for a contest.
Never heard so strong signals all over North America, never heard so strong
signals more than one hour after sunrise. Unbeleivable! We all know K9DX, he
was 30 dB over S9, just like a local station, and he was not the only one.
All west coast stations were strong, almost as the ones from the east coast.
I worked CA, OR, WA several times, States I never heard before.
Now I have to find 3 stations to complete my WAS from ND, ID and HI.
KB7Q was still audible at 0800z it was about 45 minutes after my sunrise, but
it was too late he didn't hear me.
The problem is that when you can find a "clear" frequency you have hard time
to leave it, because you don't know how long it will take to find another
one later...
So of course you miss some multipliers.
I also worked a new one with 4U1UN as #188.
A shame VP9/N1... didn't show up below 1850 kHz he could have been #189, but
he was out of band for me.
Second, also a shame, this contest takes place the same week end as our REF
contest, I shared my time between the two contests and some times also from
the Radio Club F6KLO.
So, of course my scoring is not very good. I wish I could spend all the time of
the week end for this contest. It was this year I should have done that!

160 meters is a magic band, it's why we love it!

See you on the band 73/88 F8BPN Mau