[3830] CQ160 CW NZ1U(@KB1H) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW NZ1U(@KB1H) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 20:11:42 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: NZ1U
Operator(s): KB1H W1WBB W1UJ
Station: KB1H

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 34

Total:  QSOs = 1146  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 66  Total Score = 638,600

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Band conditions Friday night can only be described as spectacular!
By the time the sun was up Saturday morning we had 62 DX countries
logged and over 170 European contacts as well as 47 states
(including KH6 and KL7) plus DC...thanks Eric at W3A.
Great alignment of such special conditions on a contest weekend.

We worked NE and ND (K0HA and NT0V) late Saturday night for
states 48 and 49.  WC7S  in WY was spotted about an hour before
sunrise here but we were unable to hear him.  Then, just before
our sunrise, WB7S, ALSO in WY, answers our CQ for state #50.
Thanks for the call and thrilling QSO Jerry!  Sunrise enhancement
often offers great surprises on Topband.

W1WBB operated about 23 of the 34 hours. He added the skill of
running and now after three topband contests he is
well aquainted with the station equipment. W1UJ provided about
3 hours of relief Saturday night and KB1H about 7 hours. Max rate
for 60 minutes this contest was by KB1H with 113 QSOs. Max run
rate was 154 QSOs at 114.5 QSOs/hr. KB1H was surprised to work
6W/DL2RMC at 2019Z Sunday for the last multiplier in the log.

I don't know if we ever see conditions like this again! Thanks
for all the QSOs and plans are for some topband improvements
when the weather gets warmer.  - 73 Dick-KB1H, W1WBB, W1UJ