[3830] NA Sprint CW N2NL HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N2NL HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 20:25:21 -0800 (PST)
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: N2NL
Operator(s): N2NL
Station: N2NL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5

   80:  117
   40:  116
   20:   24
---------------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team: SE Sprint Coalition #1

Comments:

I operated this one from home with the porcupine vertical array out on the dock.
 Chilly weather all week plus high winds and low humidity really pissed off the
power line insulators, and I suffered high noise especially on 20 and 40, so
bad at times that I had to take a break and watch TV for a while.
     The noise got better as the wind died later, and 80m was in great shape,
allowing me to get what I think was my best QSO total ever from Florida on this
band.  I was even able to work KL7WV.
     Even with the QRN, the Sprint can't be beat.  Congrats to all the big
numbers racked up even without a productive 20m band.

73, Dave N2NL/4
Key West, FL