[3830] NA Sprint CW N0AC(@N0NI) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N0AC(@N0NI) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 14:11:27 -0800 (PST)
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: N0AC
Operator(s): N0AC
Station: N0NI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Ia
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   85      16
   40:   50      14
   20:   26       7
---------------------

Club: Iowa DX and Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Thanks to Toni, N0NI, for the use of his station.

When Toni told me that AG9A wasnâ??t going to be able to operate and the
station was available for the sprint I had mixed feelings. I wanted to operate
but felt the station was too good for a small time sprint operator (me) and my
score could never live up to those of AG9A. Toni convinced me that it wasnâ??t
an issue so I accepted the offer to operate.

This was going to be my first attempt at a serious (for me) sprint. I thought
the NCCC sprint ladder practice session last week was going to be an example of
this sprint and I was going to be in for real trouble. I was pleasantly
surprised. I guess all those sprint ladder practice sessions paid off as things
went pretty good and I actually had fun!

I didnâ??t hear any sprint activity on 40m early, just wall to wall RTTY. 20m
seemed like the California QSO party and the band pooped out very early. 40m
was great but 80m was really the work horse. I met my goals and then some.
Thanks for all the stations that slowed down, QSOed with me and those that were
patient for fills.

Bill, N0AC