[3830] NA Sprint CW WI9WI HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jhfitzpa@wisc.edu
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW WI9WI HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 13:56:57 -0800 (PST)
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   93
   40:   82
   20:   51
---------------------

Club:

Team: SMC Tiempo Completo

Comments:

Poorest effort in some time in CW sprint. I seemed to have concentration
problems which for me are deadly. Had a few minor equipment problems during the
test which cost me 3 or 4 minutes here and there, and certainly a few QSOs. This
was the first time I have used 2 radios in sprint, and it probably slowed me
down rather than helped me, but if I don't try it I'll never learn how to do
it. Made about 10 second radio QSOs.

Bands seemed in pretty good shape, but were long as expected. Activity seemed
OK. Worked only 1 IL (K9BGL), 1 WI (KA9FOX), and noone in IA, MN or MI. Never
even heard IA and MN, and only one in MI. Heard only 1 other in WI (WW9R) and 2
in IL (K9CT, K9MMS). Tons of CA stations. Ordinarily I come out OK on mults but
these were way down too. Heard and not worked - RI, MI, KY, WV, KS, NE.

I haven't sent in my log yet, but I hereby certify under the pain of death that
I am not cheating.

73

Jim