[3830] NA Sprint SSB K7SS(@K7RI) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, desk@nwlink.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB K7SS(@K7RI) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 20:44:44 -0800 (PST)
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: K7SS
Operator(s): K7SS
Station: K7RI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: wa
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   50
   40:  138
   20:   87
---------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Team:

Comments:

The NA SPRINT finally hit the brick wall!
High K index, A index
RTTY WPX same time
Valentine commitments
Major DXpedition K5D at same time.

Still with all these impediments it was still FUN!
Will all the above reasons, there were very few "regulars",
which left us with many many casual guys to convince to join
us in our mayhem. And they were great. Lots of low number serials..
many nr 1s. These guys turned out to be the meat and potatoes of this
event and we ever thankful for their cooperation. Hopefully some will return
and work the next Sprint or NAQP after having some fun in this one.

Congrats to super SSB op N6KT (W6NL) in his FIRST SPRINT ! fantastic job Rich.
And then theres that guy way out in the Pacific...working "anyone, anywhere"
with what looks like a winning score!  Back to back wins in the NA SSB Sprint!
Well done Bill KH7XS!

Thanks to Tom and Karrie at K7RI for hosting again. Couldnt do it without them
and their fine station on a small city lot.

Here's hoping for vastly improved conditions, no WPX contest the same weekend,
no Desecheo expedition, and no Holidays on the Sept Sprint weekend!

See you all in between sprints on Thursday nites during the NCCC practice 30
minute sprints. And for those that can hear the West Coast, a nightly contest
corner on 1843 LSB at 0530Z. Informal and loose.

73 de Dan Wa
K7SS