[3830] RTTY WPX WB2COY SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wb2coy@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX WB2COY SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 14:49:06 -0800 (PST)
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: WB2COY
Operator(s): WB2COY
Station: WB2COY

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: ENY
Operating Time (hrs): 20.25

   80:   66  170
   40:   53  214
   20:  131  305
   15:   20   39
   10:    0    0
-----------------
Total:  270  728  Prefixes = 175  Total Score = 127,400

Club:

Comments:

Operation was broken up into segments due to family obligations, and with times
that were not during the best band conditions, but still managed to get my best
QSO count so far with my S&P 50 watt wire antennas on a city lot station. Picked
up a few new (to me) DX Countries, 2 of which are already confirmed on LOTW, so
it was definately a worthwhile effort. Now at 61 and counting.

I noticed a few stations operating with peculiar techniques - some responding
to a pileup with just a report and no callsign... and others that never
acknowledged a report and just went on with another CQ. Frustrating!

No JA's this time around on the East Coast (that I could hear), but there
seemed to be plenty for the mid-west and west coast stations. The two I have
worked with by peanut whistle station in the last two contests apparently don't
use LOTW - darn! I remember working JA's on 10 meters during the early 90's from
my car on a 4 watt converted CB rig (Sears 'Roadtalker-40') --- Come on
Sunspots!! Didn't hear a peep on 10 meters the whole time I was in the shack.

WriteLog worked like a champ for me, with this being my biggest contest so far
since becoming a WL convert.

See you in the next one - always happy to be giving out points.

Bob - WB2COY