[3830] ARRLDX CW N2WN SOSB/160 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N2WN SOSB/160 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 12:49:18 -0800 (PST)
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N2WN
Operator(s): N2WN
Station: N2WN

Class: SOSB/160 LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  136    66
   80:   42    28
   40:   94    52
   20:  107    39
   15:   13    13
   10:
-------------------
Total:  136    66  Total Score = 25,740

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Friday night was good, perhaps better than conditions during the CQ160 CW
contest a few weeks back. Really MONSTER signals around EU sunrise on 160,
worked 59 countries the first night in 102 QSOs. Didn't get in a full night,
but got the best part of it. Had higher hopes for Saturday night, but they
fizzled pretty quickly as the opening seemed weaker... then the storm front
moved in, lotsa QRN and high winds, went QRT around 8 PM EST. Managed to wake
myself when the wind had settled down and talked myself into heading back to
the shack around midnight. It was much quieter, but still a lot of QRN bursts,
which did cost a few QSOs. But picked up some new contacts and multipliers.

Missed a few multipliers as I never found them CQing, and they never caught me
running (not that that was very effective this time). Known misses include HB9
and VK3. Never did hear a ZL.

Sunday morning was a gas! Worked three KL7 stations, including regular KL7RA.
BID signal from Alaska goes to KL7AF, not sure where he's located or what he
was using, but he boomed in here. I was just about to call it quits at 7AM, as
it didn't look like there would be an JA/Asia opening, decided to take one last
sweep, low and behold there's JA3YBK all by his lonesome we tried a few times
before we completed... and then the pileup started... continued my sweep and
here's JH2FXK also all alone, this QSO goes easier and once again the pileup
follows. Good thing I caught them when I did, probably could not have busted
the pileup... Heard one other JA, but was unable to get a ? either on 160 or 40
from him, guessing noise on his side. Still sweeping and here's T27A louder than
the JA stations and also all alone. A quick call he's in the log for my last
QSO, multiplier and a new Top Band country. Was very happy with the results,
it's the most countries I've ever worked in any Top Band effort!

K3 again and the same old antennas ;o)

73,
Julius
n2wn