[3830] ARRLDX CW KA3DRR SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ka3drr@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW KA3DRR SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 17:07:18 -0800 (PST)
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KA3DRR
Operator(s): KA3DRR
Station: KA3DRR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:   0      0
   80:   0      0
   40:  34     13
   20:  39      7
   15:  11      6
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  84     26  Total Score = 6,552

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Wow! This one rocked my variable frequency oscillator. I enjoyed every minute
searching and pouncing (SP) this weekend in one for the logbook. Friday night
20m pushed my score especially S9 JA-operators who populated my N1MM Contest
Logger. Likewise, both KL7s and KH6s kept my score counter rolling over on 40m,
20m, and 15 meters. Great signals from King Lima Seven and King Henry Six.

Propagation really surprised me despite a bearish beginning to Cycle 24 as 20m
opened to Eu for the first time in Shell Beach, California! I heard but did not
work the following Eu-stations 9A1A, IR2C, EA4TX, as well as HS0K and BY1LZ. I
called several times but not enough output in terms of real power here at
KA3DRR.

Best moment belongs to Rick, K6VVA who operated VP2VVA and I felt the vibe as a
big hoot went out from the shack. Right on Locust!

Biggest cluster swarm heard at the station was **KG6DX** out of Guam. The size
stopped my dial spinning for a few minutes. On the other hand, I like to thank
all the JA-stations who really made a big difference in my score.

What a stellar experience.

73
Scot, KA3DRR