[3830] ARRLDX CW KR2Q SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW KR2Q SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 17:16:36 -0800 (PST)
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KR2Q
Operator(s): KR2Q
Station: KR2Q

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: FN20RU NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 33

  160:    8     8
   80:   56    32
   40:  210    66
   20:  428    83
   15:   64    33
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  767   223  Total Score = 512,454

Club:

Comments:

Gosh...what a ride!

Another 60 hour work week..and then they schedule a meeting ending at 4pm. I
try to leave early on Friday to at least avoid sitting in traffic on the
commute home from mid-town Manhattan to NNJ.  Oh well.

So I figured that I would do a little bit and blow it off.  Went to bed a
little after 0415z and slept through to 1110z.  Felt good.  Then I heard K2DM
also qrp and felt bad about going to blow it off...so I decided to stay in it
to give him some competition.  Still managed to fall asleep at 0300z to 0800z
the next day.  Wish I had been able to put in more time (ie, stay awake).

Ended up a really nice contest.  20m and 40m played like I was running a KW.
W6PH even said I was LOUD on 40. Just about everything was one or two calls.
We had a big wind-storm here the week before and my 40m yagi got all twisted
around the mast (elements OK), so maybe that worked some magic (probably 120
degrees from "straight" with the tribander.  I had a LOT of fun and turned in a
much better score than last year.  Every single band is an improvement from 2008
(nice)...yes, even 10.

Rig: Elecraft K3/10
2 crankup towers: 54' w/2L HB Quad and 72' with OB11-3 and 402cd.  Wires on 80
and 160 (the 160 wire is actually laying on the roof).

I really have to laugh at the EU opening on 15.  Most guys were relatively weak
on the S meter...except for two zone 15 guys who were S9 here (really).  Too
funny.

The other funny thing was tuning across 15 multiple time (hoping) and hearing
just a couple signals...but one them was TI5N, right out there in the open with
his 5 watts.  So if I could hear him on 15 with his QRP signal, where was
everybody else?

Not sure I'll be ready for phone, but I'll probably do it anyway.

de Doug KR2Q