[3830] ARRLDX CW W7VJ SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w7vj@millerisar.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W7VJ SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 17:47:50 -0800 (PST)
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W7VJ
Operator(s): W7VJ
Station: W7VJ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 16.75
Radios: SO2R

  160:    5     5
   80:   43    22
   40:  122    42
   20:  702    88
   15:   53    28
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  925   185  Total Score = 513,375

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

First, many thanks to all of you whom I worked.  Am particularly grateful for
the patience exhibited by the EU stations during our short northwest
"primetime" for EU at 1530 UTC or so.   Also very much appreciate the precision
of the Asian stations; it is always easy and pleasurable to work you.  Thank
you.

The contditions took me a little by surprise.  Was hard not making an all out
effort, but too many other commitments.  Still, the time I was on was very
enjoyable.  Would have liked to be on 40 a bit more for the Asian opening, but
was great to work many EU stations on 40 at 3:00 PM local time.  I was
encouraged to hear Asia on 15, and keep looking for the 15M openings to EU to
come.  This was a teaser for better conditions , and honestly feel that somehow
conditions were marginally better this weekend than they have been.  Very 73 to
all.