[3830] ARRLDX CW K1RX M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mpridesti@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K1RX M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 06:14:38 -0800 (PST)
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K1RX
Operator(s): WA1S, N9NC, KF1V, K1RX
Station: K1RX

Class: M/M HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  247    73
   80:  929    90
   40: 1389   116
   20: 1914   115
   15:  276    81
   10:   20     9
-------------------
Total: 4775   484  Total Score = 6,920,232

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I love the fact that so many more fellow contesters from around the world are
now sharing details of their operation on the 3830 web site!! (send me a note -
hit the reply button - and I will tell you how the 3830 number was selected)
Great to read the comments from all parts of the world.  It make this fun
experience, even more fun!  Brings a real human touch to the weekend.  Thanks!

Ran a 4 radio MM operation with 4 operators!  N9NC (of SU9NC fame) did alot of
160, 20 and 15 M, WA1S (multiple DXpeditions under her belt, etc.) did an
outstanding job on 20 M (along with her team of backups - the rest of us!);
Mark, KF1V did a great job on 80 M.  And your's truly (K1RX) lived the 40 M
experience.

Set a new Q record on 20 M (but when you think about conditions, well guess no
real surprise here).  Not bad for a single 4 el. yagi at 90 ft.

Was very pleased with the overall quality of operating - no frequency fights
that I ran into - made it a real pleasure to be on this weekend!

The K1RX team experienced "Big Foot" this weekend!  Specifically, after having
no equipment/antenna problems, on Sunday afternoon a variable power supply knob
was "kicked" and caused part of the team to be distracted as we searched to find
out why suddenly, the drive to the amp was low, RF was getting into the
headphones and generally, the 80/10 M position was screwed up.  The op that I
think had the least amount of sleep, discovered the problem after 20 minutes of
trouble shooting - N9NC points to the low voltage reading on the meter and we
had that "ah ha" moment!  Back in service and finished up just fine!

This team turned in a great score and I think we may have max'd out the
station.  And when you max out, it is time to re-look at the antenna farm and
consider more improvements. In the Tier 2 group of MM stations, it is always an
interesting battle - but what is particularly interesting under these poor
condtion times, we get to be alot closer to the top MM scores.  Propagation -
the great leveler of the field.

Thanks to all our friends around the world that make this so much fun, despite
the state of the Sun!

73, Mark, K1RX