[3830] ARRLDX CW F5VIH(@F6KAR) SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, f5vih@sinanis.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW F5VIH(@F6KAR) SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 09:21:34 -0800 (PST)
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: F5VIH
Operator(s): F5VIH
Station: F6KAR

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 27
Radios: SO2R

  160:   51    25
   80:  202    36
   40:  501    46
   20: 1095    59
   15:   60    24
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1909   190  Total Score = 1,084,140

Club:

Comments:

o Elecraft K3 (+ Titan 425), IC-756 (barefoot)
 o MK2R+, Win-test
 o 10m-15m-20m: KT34
 o 40m: 40-2CD
 o 80m-160m: Dipole
 o 160: Dipole
  * all at 12m height

 o NA Beverage 120m

This was what I call a compromise participation, the plan was to join TM6M with
the usual local team F6IFY and F6IRF. I was expecting rather poor propagation
and hence had planned more for the break time, than for the contest itself, due
to obligations early on Monday. With 20m closing as late as 2100Z, I realized
that I will get short on sleep. I couldn't do otherwise than skip Saturday
night and the last hours of the contest.

I am pleased that from F6KAR one can work so many US stations - we are screened
from W to NNW by the Jura mountain. Nevermind the medium score, the pleasure was
there, many fine operators calling.

Some memorable moments: Lots of west coast stations with good signals on 20m
and 40m, missed the YT multi on 20m, asking some for qrq to get through the
slow fading resulted in qrss!

Ah yes, a fantastic run of dupes after being spotted as FH4IH :-)

Many thanks for all calling, making it a great event! See you on the RDXC few
weeks later.

73's Nick