[3830] ARRLDX CW S50K SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW S50K SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 12:57:57 -0800 (PST)
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: S50K
Operator(s): S50K
Station: S50K

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Idrijske Krnice
Operating Time (hrs): 19:00

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1575    59
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1575    59  Total Score = 278,775

Club: Slovenia Contest Club

Comments:

Originaly wanted to spend two afternoons on 20 m.
This turned to have a problematic start with connector replacement
and late start at 13:30z instead of cca 11:00z.

Later, the band was great during the first afternoon.
Hourly rate up to 170 qso, states were nicely coming in.

The band was even nicer with West Coast well opening, DC ticked,
lots of stations and with good signals. Was missing somehow
AB and BC states, which later in Saturday came in multies.
The mult sheet was still empty in classical places that are
worked normally, NE, SD, ND, MB. All four are on the same path,
from south to nord, in mid of continent or as signal goes from this side,
from noth to south. After nearly trusting that
first day will not bring them, these south to north start to drip
with third hop propagation late in our evening,
MB coming the last, tnks K0ITC, K0PIR, KD4POJ, VE4YU.
First evening was completed with few less than 1000 qso and 58 mult.

The second day was not so hot form here, signals were smaller.
There were some breaks in propagation with zero feedback.
Worked NB for #59 second day, we did not crossed with #60, yuk.

Thanks to all calls, two more ctests in near future are coming.

73s de Marko, S50K