[3830] ARRLDX CW OK5R(OK1RI) SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW OK5R(OK1RI) SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 14:51:25 -0800 (PST)
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: OK5R
Operator(s): OK1RI
Station: OK1RI/OK1RF

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: Brezina
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40: 1439    59
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1439    59  Total Score = 254,703

Club:

Comments:

ANT 2x5Y @52/26m
IC756PROIII+kW

I decided to go for single band this year - not customary in ARRL for me,
but....
Heavy snowing and a lot of wind creating quite a static on the high Yagi for
maybe 1/3 of the contest. Quite a trouble to copy.
Otherwice decent propagation. I was surprised to have the same numbers (+ - 3)
of the west coast as Ben DL6FBL.
Unfortunately missed VY1EI so only 59 mults.
I was trying for the LongPath both afternoons, but it was almost fruitless -
about 35 QSOs, everybody was quite weak, even the big guns like N6RO etc....
and most of the people on the band were already in the log from the night.

Thanks for a QSO and hope to meet you once more in the next contest.

73 !

Jiri
OK1RI