[3830] ARRLDX CW KY5R SOSB/160 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, timky5r@hughes.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW KY5R SOSB/160 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 08:02:21 -0800 (PST)
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KY5R
Operator(s): KY5R
Station: KY5R

Class: SOSB/160 LP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5

  160:  80     53
   80:
   40:  17     12
   20:  19     12
   15:  18     11
   10:  16      7
-------------------
Total:  80     53  Total Score = 12,270

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

I was just going to operate 160mtrs LP but my curiosity got the best of me.
Somehow I didn't get to 80mtrs umh... 160 activity/condx FB hr in NA(North
Alabama) with 40 and 20 holding there own. 15mtrs was there but spotty as to be
expected. Fun to catch a 10mtr opening after listening fer K5D all week on that
band. LP 160 proved that I still have enough patience to do the deed in LP.
Just need to perfect CW skills a whole bunch more. The  160 TX antenna worked
well(top loaded vert w/70radials) as did the RX ants(set of bi-directional
650ft beverages). Didn't get up for both sunrises so lost mults there. Was able
to play on the other bands some. Had a great time on 160 fer sure. CU ya'll in a
few weeks on SSB though not LP.  Tim, KY5R