[3830] ARRLDX CW PA5KT(@PI4Z) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW PA5KT(@PI4Z) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 11:18:45 -0800 (PST)
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: PA5KT
Operator(s): PA5KT
Station: PI4Z

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 32
Radios: SO2R

  160:  118    32
   80:  361    46
   40:  528    50
   20:  560    56
   15:   60    21
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1627   205  Total Score = 999,990

Club:

Comments:

Had a lot of fun, as usual.
Decided to go for the qso number, not for the new states, this worked out ok.
Worked some new states. Also for the triple play award.
Did have a SO2R setup, but did almost not work with 2nd radio due to good
runs.

Equipment:
K3, Alpha 374A with 400 watts (legal limit on all HF bands).
FT857D, SGC500.
160m T-antenna (21m vert, 21m hor.) with radials
80m delta loop
40m delta loop
20m-15m-(10m) C4SXL. (Due to broken coax no 40m).
Beverage dir USA. Was of use on 160 till 20 for reception, diversity with the
K3 works great.
This was the last big contest of the season, ARRL DX SSB will be together with
the first VHF/UHF/SHF contest weekend.
Within 2 weeks most likely the 160m antenna will be removed, tower will be used
for the VHF/UHF/SHF contest season.

Plan for this year to take the C4SXL out and make a C3S of it.
A new 40m beam will go on the main tower. C3S will go on second.
Will add something like spiderbeam to be able to do better SO2R if sunspots
increase.

I worked already a lot of states, qsl cards will be under way through the
bureau system. But, I prefer qsl through LotW. I will answer all cards, but
would like confirmation by LotW.

Henk