[3830] NAQP RTTY K4TD Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY K4TD Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 23:02:29 -0800 (PST)
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: K4TD
Operator(s): K4TD
Station: K4TD

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Alabama
Operating Time (hrs): 9

   80:  254    47
   40:  156    45
   20:   71    21
   15:    1     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  482   113  Total Score = 54,466

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Team: ACG #1

Comments:

First of all, a MAJOR THANK YOU for all the QSO's!!  I am extremely grateful for
each and every one of them as it seemed to be very dismal conditions at my QTH
today.  It was ALL I could do to stay in the chair for the most part.  Only
real excitement was working some JA's on 20, some EU's on 40 and having OL6X
call me on 80M.  Yeah, I know those don't count for mults, but at least it was
activity.  15M was a major disappointment with my only QSO being LU6ETB (thanks
for the QSO, Arturo) so I wound up that band with 1 Q and 0 mults...  Thankfully
between 0300Z and 0430Z 80M managed to produced a bit of entertainment.
However, if I could have converted even a quarter of my dry CQ's into QSO's,
things would be totally different...  :-)

Congrats to Steve, AA4U, who "went to town" on this one.  Steve lives less than
10 miles from my QTH and really tanned my backside this time...  :-)  Also good
to hear my ole' pal KY4F back in the frey from his KY QTH.  The boys from
VE7-land were out in force tonight on 80M.  I always get a kick out of working
them on that band.

The jury is still out as to whether or not I really like RTTY contesing (but I
certainly like RTTY OPs).  I'm off to lick my wounds, reflect on the pros/cons
of RTTY contesting, and have a glass of Scotch.  ;-)

73,

Rick
K4TD