[3830] CQ160 SSB VE3FRX Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jjw5257@yahoo.ca
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB VE3FRX Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 14:33:25 -0800 (PST)
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: VE3FRX
Operator(s): VE3FRX
Station: VE3FRX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Varna, ON
Operating Time (hrs): 25

Total:  QSOs = 426  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 6  Total Score = 120,960

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

WOW!
With driving wind and freezing rain, really noisy first night until 0500Z, but
then bliss.  EU was not strong here.  Could hear many but not work with 100W.
Second night was big static crashes so made the ears sore, and new Qs were like
pulling teeth! Did mostly running for a change as its easier with LP SSB to know
the station hears you already. During S&P some Ops (mostly FL)just couldn't pull
out my last letter "X" and asked me to try a different phonetic.  For X-ray!
Didn't try Xylophone....

Silly spread of stations 1.803 to 1.997!  Fortunately not a CW ragchewing
band!

Still, best score ever thanks to time in the chair and new shack with better
Zepp antenna than last years random horizontal wire.   The TS-950SDX and N1MM
worked flawlessly.  Enjoyed the Live Score reporting and had a great battle
with K1EP to keep me going (5 point Qs to the US sure gives me an advantage
though).  I can't believe how poor the attendance on live score was.  Everyone
should have this checked ON in N1MM  (bottom of the Config/Others tab).  Gives
you something to look at when the Q's drop off in the wee hours.

Countries: ZF2, XE1, CM6, C6, KP4+NP4, and HI8.  No EU.  (Why I like CW!)

Missed OK and ID though I heard them both S&P others.
Canada missed: NF, PEI and SK  (and LB,NU,NWT, and YT like everyone else)

Compared last year production by hour

Z   2008   2009
22  1      33
23  13     10
00  33     38
01  41     41
02  25     27
03  29     11 (bedlam with QRM and nowhere to run)
04  24     28
05  14     56 (Ahhh)
06  15     21
07  23     43
08  18     19
09  16     17  (1.4 hr ZZZZ on second night)
10  9      19
11  22     45
12  23     16
13  0      3

21  0      6 (last hour)

Q    306    426
W/VE 50     54
C    4      6
    76,788  120,960

Th-th-th-that's all folks.

Thanks for all the Qs and a great contest from CQ.
All logs posted to LOTW and EQSL
73 and CU next weekend
Jeff
VE3FRX