[3830] CQ160 SSB VE3RZ Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tony.osman@xplornet.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB VE3RZ Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 14:40:25 -0800 (PST)
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: VE3RZ
Operator(s): VE3RZ
Station: VE3RZ

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs): 18

Total:  QSOs = 669  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 29  Total Score = 284,256

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Rig: ICOM 756Pro
Amp: HF1250
Ant: Long wire - goes from ground level up to 50ft after 120feet then down to
20feet angled back on itself.

Well, I enjoy phone contests because they remind me of how much fun CW is!!
Conditions seemed somewhat mixed - heard lots of DX that was covered up by
stations calling CQ and obviously not hearing the DX.  Amazing to hear the band
fully occupied from 1801 (not sure if that station was inband on LSB!) to 1995.
It must have been interesting for the normal 160m occupiers!

Worked bunch of VEs.  Highlight was on Sunday morning at Eu sunrise - calling
CQ and being called by number of Eu stations including S57, G, GD, GW, EA, F.

Thanks for all the Qs and see you in the next one.

Tony
VE3RZ