[3830] CQ160 SSB ZF2AM(K6AM) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB ZF2AM(K6AM) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 15:22:20 -0800 (PST)
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: ZF2AM
Operator(s): K6AM
Station: ZF2AM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Cayman Is.
Operating Time (hrs): 21
Radios: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 901  State/Prov = 53  Countries = 53  Total Score = 539,222

Club: Cayman Amateur Radio Society

Comments:

This was my first effort in this contest.  In fact I have never done an SSB
contest of any kind from ZF.  We stayed over from the ARRL CW last week to do
some antenna work and thought we give it a try.

Conditions were only fair compared to the CW test.  Storms all over the
southern states were laying some very heavy static crashes on everyone making
for a lot of repeats.  Thanks to you all for your patience.  Other than that,
it was very quiet here and I clearly heard many big stations before sunset that
could not hear me.

The support string on the inverted V broke both nights causing some
considerable down time, but I managed to get it back up in the dark just in
time for the EU opening.

The second night seemed to go much better with about the same number of Q's and
better signals.

Thanks as always to the guys in the club and to all you for the Q's.

QSL to K6AM direct, via the W6 buro or via LOTW

John,
K6AM/ZF2AM