[3830] CQ160 SSB N4PN(@W8JI) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB N4PN(@W8JI) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 16:43:39 -0800 (PST)
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: N4PN
Operator(s): N4PN
Station: W8JI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Barnesville, GA
Operating Time (hrs): 26

Total:  QSOs = 1415  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 62  Total Score = 541,040

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Thanks Tom, W8JI, for again putting together your unbelievable station
that worked as always - without a hiccup...you are really special.

Low expectations for this weekend, after watching the stormy weather pre-
dicted for the Southeast...didn't even bother to see what the record was...
Thanks to Jamie, NS3T, who emailed me that looks like I broke my U.S.
record...by over 100K....521 vs 421.

Friday night was a real challenge with lots of QRNnnn...but ended up with
36 - 10pt Q's and lots of 5pt Q's...

Saturday night - less QRN and much better condx...had 110 - 10pt Q's.
Thanks to Rich, KL7RA for being there for AK and to Bill at KH7X for
calling for a new one and last state...again, it's amazing that almost
every 160 contest these days, we work all 50 states. Can easily remem-
ber when some of us "old goats" never thought we'd ever work all of 'em
on Top Band - that's ever!!

Most unusual call: CL8LML
Hardest call to get correct: VO1WR (Heard the VO1 loud and clear but one
heckava time getting the "WR", knowing that I needed VO1 for mult.
First surprise: Called by 6V7P on Friday right thru the US station and
QRN.
Biggest surprise: UA0CW on Sunday morning before sunrise - true 5/9!!
Strangest calls: HE8's instead of HB9's

Little surprised to work eight additional stations on Sunday evening
in the last half hour....each one worth an additional 240 pts..

'Til the next one....thanks to all who called and to the many Europeans
who I know were in there for a long time but I just couldn't pull
your call out as bad as I wanted to work you.

73, Paul, N4PN

Rig: K3/AL1200 - 1KW
TX Ant: 4-Square
RX Ant: Lots of Beverages