[3830] CQ160 SSB K9MMS Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K9MMS@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB K9MMS Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 16:58:04 -0800 (PST)
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: K9MMS
Operator(s): K9MMS
Station: K9MMS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 392  State/Prov = 53  Countries = 5  Total Score = 52,432

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Day 1:  125 QSOs and 47 mults ; all S & P ; ICOM IC-746PRO
Day 2:  267 QSOs and 11 new mults ; 77% of QSOs via CQ runs ; Elecraft K3 +
KDVR

Antennas:  Inverted L, and 3/8 wave Marconi.

Conditions not nearly as good as experienced in the CQWWDX 160 CW a month ago.
Worked D.C., but missed ID and SD in contiguous U.S.A.  Never heard KH6 or
KL7.
Only Canadian provinces worked:  NS, NB, QC, ON, AB, and BC.
Did not hear much DX.  Only worked: C6, HI3, NP4, XE1, and ZF2.

Used the recently-received, and repaired, Elecraft K3 on day two.  First time
to use the K3 on SSB -- always used on CW before.  The K3 and its internal
digital voice recorder/player performed excellently.  No transmitter failure
problems this time with the K3 during a 160 meter contest (in contrast to
failures in three separate 160 meter CW contests in 2008).  Now I am a happy K3
owner once again, and I even enjoyed a bit of rare (for me) SSB operation.

Thanks for the QSOs.  73, Gary