[3830] CQ160 SSB N6WM(@N6RO) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB N6WM(@N6RO) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 20:43:45 -0800 (PST)
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: N6WM
Operator(s): N6WM N6RO N6ML
Station: N6RO

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Oakley, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 14.5 h

Total:  QSOs = 381  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 14  Total Score = 61,504

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was not a full out effort, but more of a training session/opportunity from
Ken as I and Iain have not had a tremendous amount of exposure to 160 meters.
I was (as always) very thankful for the chair time at N6RO, and the K3/ 4
square/beverage system performed very well despite a fairly consistently high
noise floor.  EU almost non existent to w6, but Caribbean workable Friday
night/sat morning.  A CT3 popped up on the band and was able to work him late
Saturday night.
Missed several states, and the Canadian maritimes were certainly not audible
in force.   Since I don't have a vast knowledge base to compare this
test with others,  I cant really give a comparative report.

I had a great time, and look forward to more opportunities to explore this
band. Special thanks to Ken N6RO for giving this great opportunity to work the
160 contest from this wonderful station and passing on your wisdom to a top
band newbie.

73 de N6WM@N6RO