[3830] ARRLDX CW K0TV M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K0TV M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 06:57:41 -0800 (PST)
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K0TV
Operator(s): NE1B, K1BG, K1HI, K2TE, NF1A, W1END, WO1N, K0TV
Station: K0TV

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: New Hampshire
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  117    61
   80:  723    84
   40: 1242   108
   20: 1077   103
   15:  228    69
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 3387   425  Total Score = 4,294,200

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

A fantastic weekend was had by all. Congratulations to all the M-2 teams on a
great job all around.

Last December we had an ice storm that took out the top LPA. This is the only
rotatable antenna for 20 and 10 meters we have. I managed to get a makeshift
antenna up for 160 and repair the 80 meter four square. Last month I managed
to repair most of the beverages for the CQWW 160 CW weekend. Having no antenna
that could be turned to the Northwest for JA on 20 was
a great handicap but 40 meters more than made up for the shortfall on 20. The
low bands were wonderful with really big numbers on 40. K1HI had somefantastic
runs on 40. I was expecting the score to go down from last year but this
year's score was almost 1M higher than last year's score thanks to great
conditions on the low bands.

MVP this contest will be split two ways. K1BG for getting the most number of
QSOs and NE1B for filling in when WO1N took ill the second night. Ken had to
go to the hospital on Sunday for some emergency surgery that happened Monday
morning. I'm happy to report that Ken is home and doing fine. He'll be back
for the SSB weekend. Good news all around.

Thanks to everyone for checking in and we'll be looking for everyone during
the SSB weekend.

73, Jerry - K0TV