[3830] CQ160 CW OH0E(OH2MM) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW OH0E(OH2MM) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 07:19:51 -0800 (PST)
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: OH0E
Operator(s): OH2MM
Station: OH0E

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Aland
Operating Time (hrs): 30

Total:  QSOs = 1929  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 84  Total Score = 1,768,422

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

QTH: Our traditional OH0 QTH since 1982 on Brando Island, Aland.

Rig: FT1000MP + Alpha 91 beta 1 KW
Ant: two sloping dipoles with the higher end at 36 meters. One sloping to
West,
the other sloping to East. No separate listening antennas.

We at the 60th latitude were blessed with a fantastic propagation. Maybe this
happens once in lifetime during the 160M Contest. Being this far North, we
seldom have a chance to work the West Coast of USA so easily. Furthermore, KL7
and KH6 were workable with good signals over the North Pole. Normally these
paths are badly affected, or even closed, by Aurora. The only US state I
didn't
get was DC.

As expected, the band was very crowded. It was difficult to find a spot for
CQing in the lower part of the band. Th upper band was cleaner. However, many
countries cannot go above about 1850 according K8ND's list at
http://www.k8nd.com/Radio/Planning/CQWW160/160FrequencyAllocation.pdf

Many stations had KEY CLICKS giving a hard time to people working within 1-3
kHz apart. For example, FT1000MPs have a considerable key click if the click
modification has not been done. Bad clicks and bad tone are unsportsmanlike
conduct and should be sanctioned.

73, Ville OH2MM