[3830] ARRLDX CW VY2TT(K6LA) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VY2TT(K6LA) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 07:47:20 -0800 (PST)
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VY2TT
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: VY2TT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: PEI
Operating Time (hrs): 38

  160:   95    47
   80:  288    61
   40: 1029    92
   20: 1661    94
   15:  151    55
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 3224   349  Total Score = 3,233,136

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

For some reason, I convinced myself Saturday night that if I set my alarm 45
minutes before the time 20m had opened to EU Saturday morning, I would get up
few hours earlier Sunday morning to get some needed mults on 160 & 80.
Needless
to say, although I got up 20 minutes before the alarm went off, it was well
past EU sunrise.

The usual bouts with Murphy, outside and in the shack. The airline lost my big
duffle with a repaired 87A and two LP-PANs. Fortunately it arrived Friday
afternoon and I was able to use the equipment. The new main computer with 3
monitors and sound cards for the LP-PANs had a few hangs during the contest
apparently due to driver conflicts. The top 15m yagi didn't work at all, the
middle 15m yagi isn't up yet, the middle 20m yagi was windmilling and the
bottom 20m yagi didn't work at all. That the 10m yagi's boom was parallel with
the mast and perpendicular to the ground made no difference. I don't think I
missed the 160m and 40m dipoles, which were broken. I'll have to try
anti-icing
paint on the antenna wire. Half of one element of the 80m 4 square broke off
too.

I just can't say enough about the filtering in the K3. I enjoy that the K3 can
filter out frequency fights.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT