[3830] NAQP RTTY N7MQ(@N6LF) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mperrin@ordata.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY N7MQ(@N6LF) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 13:20:31 -0800 (PST)
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: N7MQ
Operator(s): N7MQ
Station: N6LF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 9.75

   80:  106    37
   40:  235    47
   20:  125    43
   15:    0
   10:    0
-------------------
Total:  467   127  Total Score = 59,182

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Team:

Comments:

Once again, operated few miles south of home at QTH of Rudy N6LF [thanks to Rudy
for the antennas, and for his and Dianna's hospitality].

SO1R with ICOM 756 Pro 2, including the Inrad roofing filter/mode.  Been using
this radio for a year and now second nature.  After the good result of previous
Feb 2008 NAQP RTTY, and good results in Roundup, assumed would be better NAQP
result this year.  Not to be.  20 was poor, and could never get a run going.
Not a peep on 15.  Took my break and waited for 40 to open. And then to battle
on 80.

With the big SteppIR, 40 was best ever, and ran and S&P as appropriate.  The
Pro 2's scope still amazes me; quick S&P locations with scope and hold feature;
then when want to run, just find the small opening and go.  80 noisy, but with a
high dipole.  Hard to get a run on 80.  Mostly S&P, no problems with getting
answers to calls, save an occasional one, so move on.

Had hoped to beat last years Q count and score by 10-15% - not to be.  But
still RTTY contesting is the best.

Tnx to Rudy N6LF for the use of his antennas and all in the contest for the
Q's.  See you in the next RTTY contest.

ICOM 756 Pro 2 [Inrad roofing filter]
SteppIR Monster Yagi for 20 and 40
Dipole on 80