[3830] MSQP N8II Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8ii@aol.com
Subject: [3830] MSQP N8II Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 05:49:13 -0800 (PST)
                    Mississippi QSO Party

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:     16       24
   40:     35       15
   20:     13       16
   15:      0        0
   10:      0        0
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
------------------------
Total:     64       55  Mults = 44  Total Score = 5,236

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Like trying to pick fish bones after the cat has been by! Seriously, the
activity was reasonable considering a low population state and not being known
as a hot bed for contesters. My rate was about 11 Q's/hour, but NN9K showed up
in a lot of counties I still need, so that kept me going, many thanks! W3DYA
and him traced over some of the same counties which didn't help the mult
total.
Mobile QSO's as follows: NN9K - 20, W3DYA - 14, K4ZGB - 9; thanks again! 75M
was pretty well worked out by 0100Z, but I'd call a few CQ's every so often and
monitor the MS group for newcomers. Condx were about as expected for bottom of
the cycle; 20 was marginal (K4ZGB not workable from NE MS) all day and went
long around 2030Z which didn't help. 40 phone activty was low. This was my best
effort in MSQP, finally figured out the 75M technique. Thanks to OMISS for
sponsoring the QP and kudos to Mal,W5XX who mentioned at the end that he
skipped meals to stay on full time and worked 771 Q's! Gotta be more solar flux
by next year.