[3830] NCCC Sprint NN7SS(K6UFO) QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint NN7SS(K6UFO) QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 19:15:48 -0800 (PST)
                    NCCC Sprint - Mar 6

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:
   80:  12      3
   40:  19      8
   20:   1      1
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  32     12  Total Score = 384

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

I was setup for SSB, so the settings were a bit
off for CW. Missed a couple chances to call because it
didn't want to work dupes, but I stopped and puzzled it out,
and I think I finally put an end to that problem... On each new
band when I switched to my second vfo I went to LSB. I was QRP
which made CQing harder, but lots of good ears out there,
including 6Y1V. On 40m I somehow got too high (7044?) and got
clobbered by RTTY. I was on the wrong antenna on 80m for awhile,
but I didn't seem to do much better when I got it switched
correctly. I made it up to 160m and got called by K7RI, but didn't
complete the QSO. As always, thanks for the fun!

NN7SS Burt WA (K6UFO Mork)

20M: 3el Steppir at 30 ft.
40m: Cushcraft 40-2CD yagi at 50ft
80m: Half-sloper from 47ft.
160m: Inverted L
Yaesu FT-1000MP, turned down to 5 watts.
Writelog software