[3830] ARRLDX SSB W8OHT SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W8OHT SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 17:40:29 -0700 (PDT)
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W8OHT
Operator(s): W8OHT
Station: W8OHT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Ft. Ashby, WV
Operating Time (hrs): 28

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  345   157  Total Score = 162,027

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I had two Basiler brain artery strokes in the two 2004 ARRL DX contests, one in
each.  Just to finish the two contests in any year and not end up in the
hospital is a remarkable personal achievement for me. With the Basiler still
occluded, but now completely bypassed with the carotids and coommunicating
arteries to brane center, half of the Basiler's functioning has been perfectly
restored.  I just can't look staight up to the top of my tower as this tends to
crimp the good part of the basiler at the back of my neck. The Dr. says I could
pass out by doing this too long. CONTEST RESULT: 15 meter band was partially
open and I worked Portugal and Alaska there, but we really need an extra band
or even two, to spread the CQ's out and let the 55-foot-high tribander folks to
call a CQ or two on the last day. I conserved spectrum by my S&Ping.