[3830] ARRLDX SSB KT4ZB SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt4zb@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KT4ZB SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 04:59:17 -0700
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KT4ZB
Operator(s): KT4ZB
Station: KT4ZB

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Savannah, GA
Operating Time (hrs): 21

  160:    2     6
   80:   74    49
   40:   88    45
   20:  532   100
   15:   86    37
   10:    6     4
-------------------
Total:  788   237  Total Score = 555,291

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Great fun - Part time effort due to family in town visiting so took good bit of
time away both days during the Europe run-time on 20 meters.  20 meters seemed
to be a bottomless pit.  The QRM kept rates down as there were many repeats
with the weaker signals (Gotta give credit to those guys with 10 & 25 watts
that just wouldn't quit until we got it all).  15 meters was awful. No Europe
and band was long here into Brazil. My signal went right over most of the
Caribbean islands.  Wasn't until late Sunday that I got any.  40 and 80 meters
were fun and I could work almost everyone I could hear.  Will have little
better antennas for WPX.  Lots of fun moments getting nice mults during the
runs and finding a lonely 7Z1 calling CQ with no pileup.  May have been the
first time I worked 100 countries on one band during a contest.  Thanks for all
the QSOs.

FT1000D, AL-800, TH6-DXX at 72 feet, wire dipoles for 40 & 80 meters.

Best - Jere