[3830] ARRLDX SSB AA4NU SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa4nu@ix.netcom.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB AA4NU SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 20:03:29 -0700
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: AA4NU
Operator(s): AA4NU
Station: AA4NU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   28    21
   80:   69    42
   40:  115    51
   20:  161    68
   15:   95    30
   10:   33    11
-------------------
Total:  501   223  Total Score = 335,169

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

1.8 = 38' high Inverted L w/12 radials.
 3.5 = 1/4w Sloper @ 65' aimed at 60 degrees.
 7   = Hy-Gain AV-640 @ 10'
14   = Hy-Gain AV-640 @ 10'
21   = Hy-Gain AV-640 @ 10'
28   = Hy-Gain AV-640 @ 10'

All in all an interesting contest for the bottom of the
sunspot cycle. I put up a 80/75m antenna after dark on
Saturday night in order to make my goal of 500 QSOs, so
that was the right move as to using some 'prime time'.

Total S&P for the limited hours, surprising what one can
do with the 'verticals on all bands', you do tend take a
backseat in some/most of the pileups, but not always. B-)
SO1R, didn't use any voice keying, N1MM 9.2.5 worked FB.

Onward to the CQ WPX SSB next ... then the CQ WPX CW ...

73 de Billy, AA4NU