[3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 05:22:40 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - Mar 13

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 0:27

  160:   6      4
   80:  18     11
   40:  21     10
   20:   0      0
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  45     25  Total Score = 1,125

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, 100W, dipole, zepp, t vertical.  One of my better scores despite
missing the first three minutes.  I was set up to work all four bands with
quick band changes, but the last signals faded out on 20M about 0130Z.  I got
no answers to CQs on 20M between 0215 and 0227.  I then had an idea about a
quick switch to put the quiet 40M antenna on the receive antenna post.  A cold
front was pushing through Georgia and rain was predicted.  I didn't allow for
difficulty with a balky coax connector and didn't get that switch hooked up
until I had missed the first three minutes of the sprint period.  As it turned
out, all bands were free of serious QRN and I never needed the receive antenna.
 Nevertheless, it is a good way to keep the 40M antenna hooked up with maximum
flexibility to use as a transmit or receive antenna for the future.  40M was
relatively short with good signals from PA, WI, TX and more distant points.
80M was good for the eastern part of the country and N6ZFO came through with a
CA mult just before I went to 160.  Signals on 160 from as far away as KS were
quite good.  Welcome to new calls WI2E and K0DXC.  Please try to come back
every week.  NO3M, usually Eric, confused me momentarily by adopting the name
Ty, which has been used in recent weeks by John, K3TN, but it seemed to be the
same old Eric with his speedy exchanges.  Very sorry for the loss of Marc,
W6ZZZ, this week and it was nice to see the CA stations plus K7SS using his
name as a memorial tribute.  Looking forward to a ladder announcement soon.
73, John, K4BAI.